Recently a pharmacist customer wanted to put the chemical-free, botanical disinfectant I use and love daily because of its safety and great scent to the test. She didn’t believe my natural products could beat the products she uses for disinfecting areas. I said, “Let the science experiment begin!”
So she ordered some petri dishes and swabbed the absorbent pad that comes under raw chicken when packed by the butcher for grocery store. The first dish was left untouched as it was to be the Control.
The second dish was sprayed with the Department of Health standard sanitizing mixture of bleach and water. The standard disinfecting ratio is a one-quarter cup (minimum) to a three-quarter cup (maximum) cup of bleach to one gallon of cool water OR one tablespoon (minimum) to three tablespoons (maximum) of bleach to one quart of water. In this case, the later measurement amount (three tablespoons bleach to one quart of water was used.)
Finally, the third petri dish was sprayed with the natural, safe disinfectant I use, Sol-U-Gard.
The dishes were left in a warm spot next to our pharmacist customer’s computer overnight.
The photo shows the results of both disinfecting solutions in comparison to the control the following morning. Are you as surprised as she was?
Her question after seeing the results was “Why am I still using harmful, unsafe products like Clorox in my home?”
When there are safer options that work better and are EPA approved for use in hospitals and schools maybe you should ask yourself the same question. Isn’t your family and your health worth the safer options?
We thank our customer for sharing her test results and backing up what I know to be true, there are scientifically proven healthier and safer products available.