What is your go-to emergency repair kit?

You never know when you’ll have a minor emergencies. Today, was  one of those days for me. Luckily, I carry two of my favorite first-aid remedies in my bag: MelaGel and Melaleuca. I believe it’s an absolute must when you’re out and about. I use this brand of Melaleuca oil as it is the highest grade of tea-tree oil available to me. I find it soothing and healing , perfect for cuts, burns and insect bites without stinging or burning. even the little ones don’t complain!
Here’s a helpful winter tip: Use it on your cuticles in the winter so they don’t get dry and cracked.

How can a clean house have a negative effect your health?

Since I switched stores nearly 15 years ago, I enjoy clean living, clean eating and having a safer and healthier home without toxic chemicals. Switching to healthier products improved my and my family’s health and now, recent studies have shown that many popular everyday products can be toxic to many individuals, especially women.

Why?

Because cleaning your home with common, well-known grocery store products made with ammonia, and chlorine bleach, quaternary disinfectant compounds, and other dangerous chemicals significantly damages lung tissue in women—who are usually the home’s primary housekeeper.

The study also showed that cleaning with such products as little as once per week over time was as damaging to respiratory health as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for 20 years!

Are you really aware of what you are exposing your family to on a daily basis?

This attached article explains the pitfalls of chemical cleaners much better than I can, but it’s no wonder so many cancers and diseases are on the rise.
https://www.melaleucajournal.com/cleaning-product-study-lungs-smoking/

It may be time to take a long hard look at the cleaning products you use and consider
switching like I did!

Household Items can be Dangerous

You have probably read about the new “trend” on the Internet. Young adults (teenagers) actually ingesting Tide laundry pods on digital videos. The article below from FOX Business will give you some gruesome details. Solving this problem is about common sense in our teens.

While common sense and mentoring can solve this practice, there are other dangers that exist in our homes that we expose ourselves and our families to that are not as obvious. More importantly, we voluntarily take these risks in the name of cleanliness and convenience.

If I were to take you into a grocery or drug store where you buy many of your household cleaning products, in a blindfold, your nose would direct you to the aisle where the cleaning products were displayed. The chemicals in these products fill the air with scents…and TOXINS.

The other article from House Beautiful explains how some of the household items expose our families and homes to unknown dangers. In a world of “going green”, it is counter-intuitive to continue exposing our domestic environment to these unnecessary risks.

There is a reason why many traditional products are equipped with “child-proof” packaging and warnings that guard against manufacturer liability as much as consumer safety. Be aware of the chances you take every day. Breathing and exposing skin to these products presents the real possibility of risks to your health. Everything from skin cancer to respiratory or gastrointestinal infections are just some of the possibilities.

I learned of a manufacturer that I can actually purchase directly from for products I use every day WITHOUT all the toxins. I have been getting my products, like laundry detergent, from them for a while now. I absolutely love how well they work. I’ve learned that cleaning products do not have to have skull and bones and child-proof safety caps on them to be effective.  As adults, we can take all the safety precautions in the world and a child will still figure out how to access things they shouldn’t! We should not have to worry about making a trip to the hospital if that happens. And thanks to the manufacturer I purchase from, I don’t worry. 

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/01/22/utah-state-university-student-hospitalized-after-eating-tide-pod.html

http://www.housebeautiful.com/lifestyle/cleaning-tips/tips/a1492/dangerous-household-items/