Destroy stains, not clothes

With my allergies and sensitive skin, there were always issues with laundry detergents and my clothing. Brand new clothing would itch and cause rashes, so it had to be washed before wearing. Of course, depending on the detergent used, washing would often not remove the issue. Some of those detergents caused additional rashes, leaving me no better off than I was before.

Just walking down the detergent and soap aisle and inhaling the varied scented soaps and powders was enough to set off an asthma attack. Naturally, I avoided the aisle as much as possible so I wouldn’t have sneezing and coughing fits, On one trip to restock, I discovered a phosphate-free detergent, which helped some, but there were other ingredients that still caused my skin to react with rashes and welts. It was a constant problem.

Then I found my wellness shopping club and their laundry detergent. Wow! It was a game changer! For the first time ever I had no rashes, no allergic reactions to the smell and my clothes were clean! The best part, it came in liquid form and you only need to use a small amount to get your clothes clean becausebecause it’s powered by a proprietary formula with three stain-busting natural enzymes. In fact, a 32-ounce. bottle could wash 96 loads! So, in the long run, it was also a savings.

How can this product work so well? Well, the proprietary formula’s enzymes powerfully yet gently lift stains and encapsulate them to prevent those stains from redepositing on my clothing. National brands use brute force that destroys fabric in the process!

The small amount needed is actually two tiny teaspoons. Yes, two teaspoons can clean an entire load of laundry. You’d need more than a quarter cup of the most popular National brand to do the same job! For me, that makes it a great value.

This product is the most concentrated liquid laundry detergent on the market. That means it produces significantly less plastic waste and fewer greenhouse gases than competitive products. The natural ingredients and enzymes are great for the environment as well.

I’ll never use another brand of laundry detergent again.

#MelaPower#EcoSense

Household Items can be Dangerous

You have probably read about the new “trend” on the Internet. Young adults (teenagers) actually ingesting Tide laundry pods on digital videos. The article below from FOX Business will give you some gruesome details. Solving this problem is about common sense in our teens.

While common sense and mentoring can solve this practice, there are other dangers that exist in our homes that we expose ourselves and our families to that are not as obvious. More importantly, we voluntarily take these risks in the name of cleanliness and convenience.

If I were to take you into a grocery or drug store where you buy many of your household cleaning products, in a blindfold, your nose would direct you to the aisle where the cleaning products were displayed. The chemicals in these products fill the air with scents…and TOXINS.

The other article from House Beautiful explains how some of the household items expose our families and homes to unknown dangers. In a world of “going green”, it is counter-intuitive to continue exposing our domestic environment to these unnecessary risks.

There is a reason why many traditional products are equipped with “child-proof” packaging and warnings that guard against manufacturer liability as much as consumer safety. Be aware of the chances you take every day. Breathing and exposing skin to these products presents the real possibility of risks to your health. Everything from skin cancer to respiratory or gastrointestinal infections are just some of the possibilities.

I learned of a manufacturer that I can actually purchase directly from for products I use every day WITHOUT all the toxins. I have been getting my products, like laundry detergent, from them for a while now. I absolutely love how well they work. I’ve learned that cleaning products do not have to have skull and bones and child-proof safety caps on them to be effective.  As adults, we can take all the safety precautions in the world and a child will still figure out how to access things they shouldn’t! We should not have to worry about making a trip to the hospital if that happens. And thanks to the manufacturer I purchase from, I don’t worry. 

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/01/22/utah-state-university-student-hospitalized-after-eating-tide-pod.html

http://www.housebeautiful.com/lifestyle/cleaning-tips/tips/a1492/dangerous-household-items/